SDG Watch Austria is a broad, cross-sectorial civil society network of more than 215 members which advocate for an effective and ambitious implementation of the 2030 Agenda via advocacy, a yearly multi-stakeholder conference and other cooperations and activities.
Key policy recommendations include: clear political commitment and a strategic implementation of the 2030 Agenda, policy coherence, SDG compatibility of laws and budgets, a transparent monitoring and evaluation process, and the inclusion of all stakeholders in the implementation process - such as the parliament, civil society, academia, local actors and the private sector.
The platform meets several times a year to exchange information and strategies. Furthermore, some organisations formed thematic initiatives to focus on the SDGs in a specific context such as the initiatives on education, sustainable economy, SDGs on a local level, or SDGs and peace.
SDG Watch Austria pursues the following objectives:
- Common aim: SDG Watch Austria aims at the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs as it is a common concern of civil society organisations in Austria.
- Joint action: SDG Watch Austria promotes an effective and ambitious implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs in Austria through coordinated advocacy work and joint activities.
- Joint advocacy: SDG Watch Austria serves as the voice of civil society regarding the implementation of the 2030 Agenda in participation processes and in exchange with political representatives in Austria
- Shared knowledge: SDG Watch Austria is a platform for the dissemination of information and knowledge regarding the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs.
- Joint communication: SDG Watch Austria coordinates joint actions and communication to create awareness around the 2030 Agenda.
- Together with Europe and the world: SDG Watch Austria promotes the exchange and cooperation between member organisations as well as with European and international networks.
Joint positions and activities
More information about our activities and positions can be found in here and in the menu of this site.